This Agarwood (Aquilaria subintegra) is one of the rarest types to be used in the making of Oud. It also happens to be one of the finest and best scented sources of Oud oil. What makes this distillation so special is that it comes from wildcrafted Aquilaria subintegra trees that are 50 years or older! The heartwood is naturally soaked and saturated with dark, rich resin that has been able to develop and mature naturally, in the wild with no human intervention. This is becoming unheard of and we will most likely not have access to another batch this wild and this old in our lifetime. This makes this particular oud a very valuable commodity. It is made with the finest "sinking grade" wood pieces. As it ages it will become even more valuable and even more enjoyable. All agarwood oils get better with age in both scent and effect. It is a simple pleasure and luxury to have a bottle of any precious oud for 10, 20 or even 50 years or more! Owning Oud can be a never ending aromatic adventure!
There are many ways to enjoy our pure Oud oils. Oud Essential Oil is indeed an aromatherapy, is not gender-specific and can be enjoyed by everyone. The benefits that are involved with Oud are vast, ranging from psychoactive and spiritual, to therapeutic and medicinal. Great with meditation or yoga. It is a highly sought material in perfumery and fragrance making. Oud fragrances can cost hundreds or thousands of dollars. Apply the oil to clothing, bedding or pillows for a long lasting scent. The possibilities are endless, ancient and mystic...
- Botanical Name: Aquilaria subintegra
- Origin: Thailand
- Shelf life : Gets better with age and will last indefinitely.
- Process: Steam distilled
- Vintage : Gets better and evolves with age, lasts indefinitely.
- Plant Part: Oleo soaked Resin / Wood
- Cultivation: Wildcrafted
- Use: Aromatherapy, Meditation / Natural Perfumery Base Note, Excellent Fixative.
- Aroma: Deep, woody, earthy, musky-warm/animalic-like aroma with hints of deep cherry cola and vanilla. Our personal favorite.