Ambrette seeds, also known as Musk Mallow, come from a tropical hibiscus. Very popular for perfumery, the seeds contain an oil with a fatty-musky, slightly ambery fragrance. The seeds have a strong aroma of floral musk, and are the closest in natural substance in scent to the original natural Musk derived from deer. This is a CO2 select extraction of wild ambrette seeds, capturing a true natural musk.
The origin of Ambrette seeds can be traced to the Indian subcontinent where the seeds are also used as a spice and added to coffee. With stimulating and relaxing properties this essential oil is used in aromatherapy to relieve mental and physical tension.
- Botanical Name: Hibiscus abelmoschus
- Aroma: Rich floral musk, with notes of spice and fatty amber
- Country of Origin: India
- Plant Parts: Seeds
- Cultivation Method: Wildcrafted
- Method of Extraction: CO2 Select Extract
- Blends Well With: Clove, Frankincense, Lavender, Lemon, Juniper, Myrrh, Rosemary Verbenone, Sandalwood, Tea Tree, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang