Cacao absolute is extracted from the bean (nut) of the Theobroma cacao tree, the source of chocolate and cocoa butter. The rich, deep and chocolatey scent of cacao is used in aromatherapy for stress and anxiety relief, as well as considered to be an aphrodisiac. Cacao absolute is also used to enhance other botanicals.
Because of its intense chocolatey aroma, cacao absolute is often added to bath and body products. It is extracted through a benign solvent extraction that does not contain any harmful hexanes.
A note on absolutes: Absolutes are highly concentrated aromatic materials. Their aroma is best observed in alcohol or carrier oil. Try diluting into one of our premium carrier oils or into alcohol at 5%, 10% or 20% and see how the scent will subtley change.
- Botanical Name: Theobroma cacao
- Aroma: Chocolatey, Sweet, Exotic, Warm
- Country of Origin: France
- Plant Parts: Bean (nut)
- Method of Extraction: Hexane Free Solvent Extracted
- Blends Well With: Vanilla, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Rose, Orange, Patchouli, Vanilla