Our Clary Sage Absolute is a prized perfumer's fixative with a rich and tenacious herbal fragrance. It is produced in France from flowering tops of the clary sage plant Salvia sclarea. A multifaceted perfume material that is pungently herbal and lightly sweet, with smooth amber balsamic undertones. The long lasting scent is dynamic and divine!
In perfumery, Clary Sage Absolute is an excellent fixative and modifier. It's rich, herbal sweetness provides a fuller body to colognes, fougeres, chypres, forest and coniferous notes and even floral fragrances.It can be used to accent many aspects of a complex perfume or bring various notes into a more harmonious whole. Clary Sage Absolute blends well with citrus and cedar wood oils, lavender, labdanum and more.
A note on absolutes: Absolutes are highly concentrated aromatic materials. Their aroma is best observed in alcohol or carrier oil. Try diluting into one of our premium carrier oils or into alcohol at 5%, 10% or 20% and see how the scent will subtley change.
- Botanical Latin Name: Salvia sclarea
- Plant Part: Flowering tops
- Country of origin: France
- Cultivation method: Cultivated
- Blends With: Patchouli, Pine, Oakmoss, Chamomile, Vetiver, Labdanum , Rosemary Verbanone, Clove, Geranium, Cedarwood, Citrus, Florals