White Cypress Wood is a golden, viscous honey-like essential oil that is centering and earthy as the forest floor. This unique essence from the Australian Outback has anti-inflammatory benefits and can be infused into Massage oil to support tired joints and muscles. The essential oil is distilled from the cypress heartwood, not the leaf. It's a grounding essential oil with soothing properties that are commonly used to calm anxiety.
Thanks to its wood density, it has earned the title of the hardest coniferous timber. White cypress wood has played an important part in Aboriginal culture, used for everything from tools, to weapons and medicine. It's natural resistance to termites makes the timber extremely valuable.
White Cypress is an anchoring base note and fixative for natural perfumery. It's distinctively sweet and wild aroma dries down to the typical cypress woody finish. This oil is appreciated by perfumers for its fine color and interesting woody scent that is pleasing to both men and women.
- Botanical Name: Callitris glaucophylla
- Aroma: sweet, wild, woody, earthy
- Country of Origin: Australia
- Plant Parts: Heartwood
- Cultivation Method: Organic
- Method of Extraction: Steam distillation
- Blends Well With: Bergamot, Frankincense, Myrrh, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Rose Otto, Spikenard