This is a one of a kind distillation from a 1500 year old freshly fallen tree that was located in Sedona, Arizona. A more common distillate is produced from the juniper berry. Rising Sun Botanicals sells a one of a kind distillation using the heartwood. This is another oil that gets better with age.
Juniper wood oil has antiseptic, antimicrobial and fungicidal properties and has been used to soothe skin and scalp complaints such as psoriasis, dandruff, eczema and skin eruptions. This is a naturally powerful, effective oil. Smoky and woodsy.
Dilute with golden jojoba, sandalwood nut oil or another carrier oil and use on skin or scalp irritations. Use with caution and avoid sensitive areas. Can also be used in fragrances as a middle or base note.
Batch specific GC/MS report for this Ancient Alligator Juniper Wood (Juniperus deppeana) essential oil is available upon request.
- Botanical Name: Juniperus deppeana
- Aroma: Resinous, Rich, Woody, Warm
- Country of Origin: United States, Arizona
- Plant Part: Wood
- Cultivation Method: Wild harvested
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
- Blends Well With: Cedar, Cypress, Eucalyptus , Frankincense, Sandalwood, Spruce, Patchouli, Vetiver
- Distillation Date: Spring 2015
- Approximate shelf life: 12-15 years or longer