A very deep and pleasing extraction of Lovage Root. Our Lovage Root Absolute is a viscous, deep golden colored liquid displaying dark earthy, woody bouquet, spicy root and ambery caramel heart notes and heavy musky undertone.
In natural perfumery Lovage Root Absolute is a powerful and penetrative note that is used in earth, spice and leather accords, forest and incense bouquets and high class florals. In regards to strength of aroma, Lovage Root Absolute ranks among the most powerful of all natural materials.
A note on absolutes: Absolutes are highly concentrated aromatic materials. Their aroma is best observed in alcohol or carrier oil. Try diluting into one of our premium carrier oils or into alcohol at 5%, 10% or 20% and see how the scent will subtley change.
- Botanical Name: Levisticum officinale
- Aroma: earthy, sweet rooty, heavy musky
- Country of Origin: France
- Plant Parts: Root
- Cultivation Method: Wild
- Method of Extraction: Solvent Extracted
- Blends Well With: Agarwood, Ambrette, Allspice, Buddhawood, Cedar, Cinnamon, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Fenugreek, Fir Balsam, Frankincense, Galbanum, Hinoki, Black Pepper, Pine, Tuberose, Vetiver, Violet Leaf