Myrrh has been revered as a perfume, incense and remedy throughout handfuls of cultures. It was one of the first substances discovered to have fixative properties and provide a powerful and long-lasting scent. It has a long history with ancient civilizations dating back to the biblical days.
Our steam distilled wild myrrh essential oil has a resinous and buttery bouquet. The resin is ethically harvested from organic wild commiphora trees. The essential oil is smooth and rich with hints of earth and leather. Myrrh essential oil makes an excellent choice for a fixative for perfume, it is very tenacious. Myrrh makes a lovely lasting note in incense, leather and precious wood accords.
The deep aroma of myrrh is very meditative, calming and centering. It makes an exotic additive to cosmetic applications, perfumery and aromatherapy. When diluted, myrrh essential oil is great for the skin. Use for healthy, supple and resilient skin and to impart a lustrous glow. Diluted myrrh may also be rubbed into arthritic joints.
- Botanical Family: Commiphora myrrha
- Aroma: Buttery, warm, earthy resin, very tenacious
- Country of Origin: Somalia
- Cultivation Method: Wildcrafted Organic
- Method of Extraction: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Oleo-gum resin
- Blends Well With: Geranium, Juniper, Lavender, Pine, Mandarin, Mint, Patchouli, Spice Oils