Osha root, Empress of the Dark Forest, is a sacred herb to many native American tribes. Osha is a pereniel herb, and member of the carrot and parsley family, growing wildly in the higher altitudes of the Rocky Mountains.
Osha root is considered one of the best American herbs for the lungs and throat. It's very anti-viral and an extremely invigorating plant medicine. Osha also has an immense history of protection. It has been used as a purifying incense to guard against harmful pathogens, as well as negative forces.
The root and rhizomes have long been used for herbal remedies. In addition to its healing uses, Osha was combined with certain libations as a flavor component and to add fragrance to soaps and cosmetics.
This essential oil is a vintage steam distillation produced in December 2005 from wild crafted osha root gathered in the Rocky Mountains by our renowned distiller.
- Botanical Name: Ligusticum porteri
- Aroma: earthy strong, green vegetal
- Country of Origin: USA
- Cultivation Method: Wild
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
- Blends Well With: Agarwood, Ambrette, Allspice, Buddhawood, Cedar, Cinnamon, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Fenugreek, Fir Balsam, Frankincense, Galbanum, Hinoki, Black Pepper, Pine, Tuberose, Vetiver, Violet Leaf
- Distillation Date: December 2005