Tonka Bean Butter is a fantastic choice for natural body butter or cream ingredient with its rich sweet almond like aroma and composition of 94% or more fatty acids. Essential fatty acids found in Tonka Bean Butter include Linoleic, Behenic, Lignoceric, Palmitic and over 50% Oleic Acid! Fatty acids maintain moisture in the skin and promote skin regeneration. A semi-solid butter that may need warming to liquefy depending upon ambient temperature. Tonka Bean Butter is soluble only in oil and will not mix with alcohol. Recommended dilution for body and skincare is 1-5% and for natural perfumery up to 10-15% depending on desired result.
Traditionally, tinctures of Tonka Bean were the source of natural coumarin, a very rich, sweet hay or vanilla like aromatic substance. Tonka Bean is a very popular perfume and cologne material due to the fact that it is a warm sweetener, very tenacious and not floral. Tonka Bean compliments chypres, fougeres, oriental and hay bases and more. Not for consumption.
- Botanical Latin Name: Dipteryx odorata
- Extraction Method: Expeller pressed
- Part of Plant Distilled: Beans
- Country of Origin: Brazil, processed in France
- Cultivation Method: Wild
- Blends Well With: Ambrette, Bergamot, Citrus, Clary Sage, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Hay, Helichrysum, Lavender, Oakmoss, Orris, Osmanthus, Patchouli, Tobacco, Vanilla, Vetiver