This beautiful vanilla from Indonesia is rich, warm, not super sweet (dryer and less sweet than other vanillas but still has that confectionary "sweet" vanilla going on....its very nice!). Will add a warm Vanilla note to natural perfumes and fragrances. This quality vanilla absolute has a dark brown molasses like mobility. It is soluble in both alcohol and oil. Works as an all natural fixative.
Use by the drop in blends until the desired effect is achieved. Go easy adding this vanilla, and ALL of our vanilla extracts in your blends; as vanilla tends increase in aroma (or "bloom") in formulas and perfumes as they age, with the potential to become overpowering and predominant.
A note on absolutes: Absolutes are highly concentrated aromatic materials. Their aroma is best observed in alcohol or carrier oil. Try diluting into one of our premium carrier oils or into alcohol at 5%, 10% or 20% and see how the scent will subtley change.
- Botanical Name: Vanilla planifolia
- Plant Part: Cured vanilla bean
- Country of origin: Indonesia
- Cultivation method: Organic
- Scent description: Smooth, sweet, spicy balsamic, rich, toasted marshmallow
- Blends With: Frangipani, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Neroli, Osmanthus, Orange, Patchouli, Rose Otto, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang