Our Clove supercritical CO2 extraction is made from premium certified organic Madagascar clove buds. Clove buds contain mostly eugenol, a chemical component that has found wide use as a numbing agent. Clove bud extract is also highly antiseptic and can be used in many ways to promote good health and well being.
In perfumery, clove bud oil forms part of the carnation accord and is used to bring natural richness to sweet florals like rose, honeysuckle and ylang ylang. The aroma of clove bud blends beautifully with vanilla, lavender, clary sage, bergamot and more.
The most significant difference between our Clove supercritical CO2 extract and Clove essential oil is, the CO2 extract has some esters and contains slightly lower levels of phenol, making it softer and milder than the essential oil. CO2 extractions were originally designed for the food and beverage industry and are more widely regarded as safe for consumption.
- Botanical Name: Eugenia carophyllat
- Aroma: Warm, Spicy, Sweet
- Extraction Method: Supercritical CO2 Extact
- Plant Parts: Buds
- Country of Origin: Madagascar
- Cultivation Method: Organic
- Blends Well With: Cinnamon, Ylang Ylang, Peppermint, Lemon, Silver Fir