Davana is a rare essential oil steam distilled from Artemisia pallens using the whole plant. Traditionally Davana blossoms are offered to Shiva, the God of Transformation. This oil is produced by the same dedicated perfumers who make our Jasmine absolute in India. An unrealized gem in the perfumery and natural essence world! This precious oil has a powerful, tenacious aroma that is warm and woody with a sweet, rich booziness. Davana essential oil is complex like wine, with syrupy notes of dried fruits and herbs. Hard to describe, but so easy to love!
It is very tenacious, and useful in perfumery for its mysterious, penetrating quality and scent. Davana is said to smell differently on different persons. A peculiar quality that is valued in high class perfumery to create fragrances with truly individual notes.
- Botanical Latin Name: Artemisia pallens
- Aroma: Warm, woody, wine-like with jammy and herbaceous hints
- Country of Origin: India
- Plant Parts: Leaves and tops
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Blends Well With: Ambrette, Amyris, Basil, Bergamot, Carrot Seed, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Clove Bud, Cypress, Galbanum, Geranium, Ho Wood, Jasmine, Labdanum, Lavender, Mandarin, Oakmoss, Osmanthus, Patchouli, Petitgrain, Indian Rosewood, Tonka Bean, Vetiver, Violet Leaf, Ylang Ylang