This floral variety of Frankincense is from India and is lighter than our African Boswellia carterii variety. The soil and growing conditions in India make for a delightfully airy frankincense with notes of citrus and flowers. An alluring resinous middle note for perfumery. Frankincense resin has a long and amazing history, traditionally used as incense and very much synonymous with spiritual ritual. A bright and uplifting anointing oil and wonderful choice to compliment yoga and meditations.
In aromatherapy, Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil is particularly effective for treating conditions cause by inflammation. Our Frankincense Serrata is recommended for dilution into carrier oil and used for painful joints and arthritis. The soothing and transcendental qualities of Frankincense can resolve a myriad of sore situations. For an oil blend that will help promote easy clear breathing try adding 6 drops Frankincense Serrata, 4 drops eucalyptus, 2 drop rosemary, and 2 drop spruce or fir to a diffuser or nebulizer.
- Botanical Latin Name: Boswellia serrata
- Country of Origin: India
- Plant Parts: Oleo-gum Resins
- Cultivation Method: Wild Harvested
- Method of Extraction: Hydrodistilled
- Blends Well With: Cedar, Ginger, Lavender, Myrrh, Neroli, Roman Chamomile, Rose Otto, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Scotch Pine, Vetiver