True French Lavender in an absolute extraction. French Lavender absolute is thick deep lavender with a full violet candy aroma and herbal notes of hay and cured tobacco. Deep and sweet with a heady herbaceous musk and less floral than lavender essential oil. Perfect heart note for natural perfume and fragrance formulations.
A note on absolutes: Absolutes are highly concentrated aromatic materials. Their aroma is best observed in alcohol or carrier oil. Try diluting into one of our premium carrier oils or into alcohol at 5%, 10% or 20% and see how the scent will subtley change.
- Botanical Latin Name: Lavandula angustifolia
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Country of origin: France
- Cultivation method: Organic
- Scent description: Deep lavender with herbaceous musk, sweet hay and tobacco
- Blends With: Patchouli, Pine, Clary Sage, Oakmoss, Chamomile, Vetiver, Labdanum , Rosemary Verbanone, Clove, Geranium, Cedarwood, Citrus, Florals