Our Galangal Root Essential Oil is steam distilled in Indonesia from fresh, organic rhizomes of the true galangal species Alpinia. Galangal is related to ginger and has a similar penetrating sweet woody and spicy aroma yet galangal is somewhat less pungent. A fantasy note with hints of fruit, wine and vanilla. This galangal root essential oil displays a fine tenacity.
Galangal Root is a unique and intruiging addition to the natural perfumer's palette. Useful for spice accords, oriental bases, and floral and precious wood bouquets and more. Get the creative juices flowing!
- Botanical Name: Alpinia galanga
- Aroma: Sweet woody and spicy with fruity and vanilla notes
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
- Plant Parts: Fresh Roots
- Cultivation Method: Organic
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Blends Well With: Allspice, Cinnamon, Citrus, Eucalyptus, Pine, Patchouli Rosemary, Spanish Sage