Our Galangal Root Essential Oil is steam distilled in Indonesia from fresh, organic rhizomes of the true galangal species Alpinia. An exotic essence with hints of fruit, wine and vanilla. Galangal is related to ginger and has a similar penetrating sweet rooty and spicy aroma yet galangal is much smoother. This Galangal Root Essential Oil displays a nice tenacity.
Galangal Root is an intruiging, whimsical addition to the natural perfumer's palette. Useful for spice accords, oriental bases, and floral and precious wood bouquets and more. Get the creative juices flowing!
- Botanical Latin Name: Alpinia galanga
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
- Plant Parts: Fresh Roots
- Cultivation Method: Organic
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Blends Well With: Allspice, Cinnamon, Citrus, Eucalyptus, Pine, Patchouli Rosemary, Spanish Sage