Greenland Moss essential oil is a fresh, forest-scented essence that is a powerfully cleansing and healing. Sometimes referred to as Labrador Tea or Ledum, Greenland Moss has been used as a "cure-all" by Native Americans in folk medicine for generations. Often recommended after acute illness as Greenland Moss will give the immune system a boost.
Greenland Moss is extremely effective at detoxifying the liver and kidneys. It can also positively benefit the body's respiratory and digestive systems. Beyond that, Greenland Moss balances the thyroid gland thus supporting its optimal function. It may be used topically to alleviate symptoms of an imbalanced thyroid, improving energy and mood.
With sesquiterpenoids that are known to have a calming effect on the mind, aromatherapists are finding Greenland Moss to be effective against insomnia and addictive tendencies. A true healing powerhouse, it is surprising that this useful essential oil is still so uncommon.
- Botanical Name: Ledum groenlandicum
- Aroma: Fresh, Green, Spicy sweet
- Country of Origin: Canada
- Plant Parts: Leaves
- Cultivation Method: Certified Organic
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
- Blends Well With: Frankincense, Lavender, Peppermint, Spikenard, Chamomile, Sandalwood