Guaiacwood essential oil is adored by natural perfumers as a deep, warm and sweet fixative reminiscent of benzoin. It is toffee-like, caramelized, with vivacious smokey notes and creamy vanilla undertone making Guaiacwood a great addition to campfire and incense accords. Often selected as an efficient base note by incense, soap and candle makers. Guaiacwood essential oil is steam distilled in Paraguay from wildcrafted heartwood. It is a semi-solid liquid and does require warming to 104-122 degrees to become mobile. Once warmed, the liquid Guaiacwood essential oil will remain mobile for a few hours. It can be completely dispersed into oil or alcohol.
In addition to its rich pleasing aroma, Guaiacwood is a very healing oil used by aromatherapists to enhance the immune system. Guaiacwood essential oil has antioxidants that scavenge free radicals, stimulates lymphatic flow and supports respiratory health. Topically, this oil can be used for anti-inflammatory benefits and to tighten the skin for a natural glow. Guaiacwood is known as a stress reducer and beneficial for meditation and grounding.
- Botanical Name: Bulnesia sarmientoi
- Aroma: Sweet woody, warm, Hints of smoke, vanilla undertone
- Country of Origin: Paraguay
- Plant Parts: Wood
- Cultivation Method: Wildcrafted
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
- Blends Well With: Benzoin, Cedarwood, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Rose, Spruce, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Fir, Pine, Chamomile, Vanilla