Our Gurjum Balsam Essential Oil has a pleasant, mild and sweet woody aroma with subtle hints of pine and patchouli. The essential oil is steam distilled in Indonesia from the oleoresin of organic Dipterocarpus turbinatus trees. Gurjum Balsam Oil's smooth mild and uniform aroma are beneficial for soap making, cosmetics and as an affordable fixative and modifier material for fragrances. Traditionally the gum resin was used to treat eczema and psoriasis.
This Gurjum Essential Oil exhibits the impressive ability to harmonize different aroma notes bringing them together as a harmonious composition in perfume or fragrance creations. It has great tenacity and a mild scent that blends perfectly with an array of perfume materials. Perfumers often use Gurjum Balsam in oriental and balsamic fragrance bouquets, woody accords and more.
- Botanical Latin Name: Dipterocarpus turbinatus
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
- Plant Parts: Wood
- Cultivation Method: Organic
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
- Blends Well With: Cedarwood, Frankincense, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Spruce, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Fir, Pine, Chamomile, Vanilla