Hinoki essential oil comes from a unique species of cypress native to Japan. Hinoki wood, the source of the essential oil, was traditionally used for building shrines in Japan thanks to its resistance to parasites and funguses. In addition to preventing the development of harmful bacteria, microbes, and funguses, hinoki essential oil is also a natural insect repellant.
It is a relaxing and sedating essential oil, helping the body and the mind let go of tension and stress. Hinoki has been scientifically studied for promotion of new hair growth.
- Botanical Name: Chamaecyparis obtuse
- Aroma: Woody, citrusy, spicy
- Country of Origin: Middle Honshu, Japan
- Plant Parts: Wood
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
- Blends Well With: Cedarwood, Cypress, Jasmine, Ylang Ylang, Frankincense, Lavender