Organic Hyssop essential oil offers a wide range of aromatherapy benefits and has many uses. Because of its properties as a effective cough reliever, and expectorant, it is commonly used as a plant medicine. It is very antiseptic and useful in many natural applications. Its main components, Thujone and phenol, give it powerful antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
Gorgeous hyssop flowers in the summer months produce flowers that may be blue, pink or white. The white flowers being the rarest. Our hyssop is distilled from the flowers of Bulgarian Hyssop in Bulgaria. Primarily white, blue and pink flowers. This is a rare find!
An extremely balanced aromatherapy that offers a wide range of benefits. Try in a diffuser on its own or combine with peppermint and inula during allergy or cold/flu season for the ultimate respiratory reprieve! Increase circulation, soothe sore throat and calm coughing. A single drop to a hot steamy shower floor is a great way to receive its benefits for respiratory support.
Hyssop is mentioned in numerous texts throughout history including the Bible.
~ verse 7 of Psalm 51: "Thou shalt purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean"
- Botanical Latin Name: Hyssopus officinalis
- Country of Origin: Bulgaria
- Plant Parts: Flowering tips
- Cultivation Method: Organic
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Blends Well With: Ambrette, Bergamot, Cardamom, Cedarwood, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Ho Wood, Jasmine, Labdanum, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Oakmoss, Osmanthus, Orange, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Petitgrain, Indian Rosewood, Rose Otto, Sandalwood, Spikenard, Tonka Bean, Tuberose, Vetiver, Violet Leaf, Ylang Ylang