Our Labdanum Absolute, also known as Rock Rose, is therapeutic quality essential oil solvent extracted from gum oleo-resin of Certified Organic Cistus ladaniferus in France.
This gorgeous labdanum absolute exhibits a full deep and sweet amber aroma that is rarely found in other perfume materials. It's an excellent long lasting fixative. The absolute is semi-sold, soft, sticky and somewhat pourable and amber green in color.
Labdanum absolute blends beautifully with citrus oils, musk, oak moss, bergamot, lavender, clary sage, pine, cypress, juniper, patchouli and more. It brings a rich, sophisticated sweetness to citrus and lavender colognes, chypres, amber and oriental bases and pine or forest accords.
A note on absolutes: Absolutes are highly concentrated aromatic materials. Their aroma is best observed in alcohol or carrier oil. Try diluting into one of our premium carrier oils or into alcohol at 5%, 10% or 20% and see how the scent will subtley change.
- Botanical Name: Cistus ladaniferus
- Aroma: Amber, Rich, Warm, Woody
- Country of Origin: France
- Plant Parts: Gum Oleo-resins
- Cultivation Method: Certified Organic
- Method of Extraction: Solvent Extracted
- Blends Well With: Chamomile, Ginger, Lavender, Lemon, Rose Otto, Ylang Ylang, Vanilla