Our Muhuhu Essential Oil, also known as African Sandalwood, is hydrodistilled from wood the Muhugwe tree in Kenya. Muhuhu is an uncommon oil and has a soft woody Sandalwood-like aroma that only gets better with age. Pair with florals, vanilla or vetiver. Muhuhu blends well with most other oils lending a smooth precious wood base note.
Similar to Sandalwood essential oils, Muhuhu is high in sesquiterpenes, which gives the oil emollient, tonic, sedative, and powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- Botanical Name: Brachyleana hutchinsii
- Aroma: Sweet, Smokey, Woody, Dry
- Country of Origin: Kenya
- Plant Parts: Wood
- Cultivation Method: Wildcrafted
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
- Blends Well With: Cedar, Frankicense, Jasmine, Lavender, Melissa, Neroli, Patchouli, Rose, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang