Our double distilled Patchouli is exceptionally smooth and full-bodied. It is very rich, yet refined. During the second distillation, a small fraction of the constituents are removed, resulting in a light colored oil that offers the beautiful aroma of Patchouli without any rough or overpowering notes.
This Patchouli is best appreciated when smelled in diluted form, on a scent strip, or when combined with other essential oils, especially florals, rather than at full strength from the bottle. A truly fine Patchouli oil has a wonderful fragrance that may not be recognized by many who claim that they do not like its scent. This high quality Patchouli oil improves with age, and can last decades. A dab on the wrist will last all day.
- Botanical Name: Pogostemon cablin
- Origin: Indonesia
- Process: Steam Double Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Cultivation: Organic
- Use: Natural Perfumery, Deoderant, Ceremony
- Note: Base Note, Great Fixative
- Aroma: Earthy, musky, dry and slightly spicy-warm; deep and tenacious, very long lasting.