Our Petitgrain essential oil is steam distilled in Paraguay from the bright green leaves and branch tips of organically cultivated bitter orange trees, Citrus aurantium. It displays a pleasant fresh tangy citrus aroma, reminiscent of orange flowers, with rich green woody undertone.
Petitgrain oil is popular in perfumery for its refreshing sweet citrus notes in colognes, fougere and gourmand accords. Petitgrain oil is often used as a replacement for Neroli essential oil.
- Botanical Name: Citrus aurantium
- Aroma: Fresh tangy citrus, subtle floral and green woody notes
- Country of Origin: Paraguay
- Plant Parts: Leavesand twigs
- Cultivation Method: Organic
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Blends Well With: Frankincense, Neroli, Bergamot, Vanilla, Lime, Ylang Ylang, Rose Otto, Palmarose, Vetiver, Clove, Seabuckthorn berry, Jasmine, Cardamom, Clary Sage, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon, Silver Fir, Chamomile