Indian Rosewood is an essential oil with wonderful tenacity and sweet woody scent with green and spicy floral hints. It is aromatically quite similar to Brazilian Rosewood, which is great news for perfumers as pure Brazilian Rosewood is incredibly scarce and currently an endangered species, appearing on the CITES list. Indian Rosewood essential oil, on the other hand, is derived through steam distillation of fast growing deciduous wood renewably sourced through coppicing.
The aromatherapy of benefits of Indian Rosewood include relieving symptoms of stress and headaches. Rosewood has a calming and balancing effect on emotions. Indian Rosewood essential oil also has analgesic properties. Try diluting it into massage oil for soothing muscles and joints or as a healing ingredient in soap, lotions or salves.
- Botanical Family: Dalbergia sissoo
- Aroma: Sweet woody, green spicy, floral
- Country of Origin: India
- Cultivation Method: Wildcrafted
- Method of Extraction: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Wood
- Blends Well With: Citrus Oils, Rose Geranium, Rose Otto, Neroli, Jasmine