We are very excited to have come across an excellent Santalum album essential oil, this time grown in Australia, with an aroma that is very much like the old Mysore sandalwood from India. This sandalwood oil would be well worth setting aside for aging. Its aroma is very deep, soft, sweet-woody, with a very long, full-bodied, balanced, extremely sweet and creamy, this sandalwood will have you swooning. One sniff and you will be hooked!
Sandalwood is revered for its sweet, warm, woody and rich aroma. It is widely sought after in body care, skin care, natural perfumes, and incense for its beautiful fragrance and calming effects. Used in India for centuries in religious and spiritual practices, as well as in traditional medicine for thousands of years.
We source our oils from reputable sources that are ethically harvesting the trees so this precious resource can be sustained.
- Botanical Name: Santalum album
- Country of Origin: Australia
- Cultivation: Plantation Grown
- Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Distillation Date: July 2014
- Shelf Life: 20+ years (Indefinite - gets better with age)
- Plant Part: Heartwood
- Perfume Note: Base
- Aroma: Very deep, soft, sweet-woody, with a very long, full-bodied, balanced, extremely sweet and creamy