This Vanuatu variety of Sandalwood is high in santalol, the chemical constituent that gives the signature creamy euphoric sandalwood aroma. A smooth island sandalwood that is warm, woody and honey sweet and a great alternative to, if not better than, the prized Indian Sandalwood Santalum album which is becoming more and more scarce. Our Vanuatu Sandalwood is sustainably produced and eco-harvested by a small project on the pristine South Pacific Vanuatu island in New Caledonia. Sandalwood production is regulated by government and for every 1 tree harvested, 5 new sandalwood plants are in turn planted. In using this method, the demand for sandalwood can be met and the trees will never be endangered.
Sandalwood is a slightly thick oil that gets better with age. Sandalwood oil is valued in perfumery as one of the finest fixatives. By itself it is a beautiful, long lasting sweet perfume. It can also blend well with many other perfumes and botanicals without overpowering, making it very versatile and useful. Sandalwood makes an elegant base note for floral and oriental bases, precious wood accords, incense accords and more.
- Botanical Latin Name: Santalum austrocaledonicum
- Aroma: Sweet, creamy, santalol-rich woody
- Country of Origin: Vanuatu
- Cultivation Method: Eco-cultivated
- Method of Extraction: Hydrodistilled
- Plant Part: Heartwood
- Blends Well With: Cedar, Chamomile, Bergamot, Lemon, Orange, Geranium, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Lavender, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Rose, Jasmine, Tuberose, Pine, Patchouli, Spruce, Vanilla, Vetiver, Spikenard, Myrrh, Plumeria