Templin Fir Cone essential oil is steam distilled from wild gathered cones of the Austrian Silver Fir tree, creating an essential oil that is different from the Silver Fir needle essential oil. The cones are comprised of seeds which is where the Templin oil is contained. The seeds have a heavy protective tissue and the cones must be crushed prior to the distillation.
This crisp resinous essential oil is similar to pinecone. Templin oil displays a delicately sweet fruity and vanilla-like undertone that makes the it a standout among all the coniferous oils. Templin Fir Cone is an elegant conifer oil that is useful in forest aromas, chypres, fougeres, amber and leather bases, men's colognes and more.
- Botanical Name: Abies alba
- Aroma: Crisp, Resinous, Pinecone-like
- Country of Origin: Austria
- Plant Parts: Fir cone with resin
- Cultivation Method: Wild Harvested
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled