Rich, buttery, nutty, gourmand...Tonka Bean Absolute is totally dreamy! Tonka Bean Absolute finds use in exquisite perfumery and as a fixative in aromatherapy blends and creations. The beans used in our skillfully crafted absolute are grown in the wilds of Brazil, and carefully extracted using a hexane free process in France. Tonka beans are a natural source of coumarin, a vanilla like aroma compound that is very desirable in natural perfumery. Tonka is widely regarded as one of the finest fixatives nature has to offer.
Our Tonka Bean Absolute delivers an array of delectable notes of caramel, vanilla cream, cured tobacco and almond. An important part of the perfumers palette, Tonka Absolute is a non floral sweetener and fixative. The rich, warm aroma of our Tonka Bean Absolute will enhance new mown hay and oriental bases, chypres, fougeres, lavender and tobacco bouquets and more. Not for consumption.
Pictured: 5 gram Miron Jar
A note on absolutes: Absolutes are highly concentrated aromatic materials. Their aroma is best observed in alcohol or carrier oil. Try diluting into one of our premium carrier oils or into alcohol at 5%, 10% or 20% and see how the scent will subtley change.
- Botanical Latin Name: Dipteryx odorata
- Extraction Method: Absolute
- Part of Plant Distilled: Beans
- Country of Origin: Brazil, processed in France
- Cultivation Method: Wild
- Blends Well With: Ambrette, Bergamot, Citrus, Clary Sage, Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Hay, Helichrysum, Lavender, Oakmoss, Orris, Osmanthus, Patchouli, Tobacco, Vanilla, Vetiver