Vanilla absolute is the most concentrated vanilla and is invaluable for perfumery. This absolute has bean extracted from cured Madagascar vanilla bean pods, yielding a dark brown viscous absolute with vanilla's signature suave, sweet balsamic-spicy bouquet and warm coumarinic undertone. Our Madagascar Vanilla Absolute has 14% vanillin with very good tenacity. Vanilla's sweetness has wonderful synergistic effects with patchouli, florals, woody or citrusy notes and more. A very useful base note and long lasting fixative for many varieties of fragrance formulations.
A note on absolutes: Absolutes are highly concentrated aromatic materials. Their aroma is best observed in alcohol or carrier oil. Try diluting into one of our premium carrier oils or into alcohol at 5%, 10% or 20% and see how the scent will subtley change.
- Botanical Latin Name: Vanilla planifolia
- Plant Part: Cured vanilla bean
- Country of origin: Madagascar
- Cultivation method: Organic
- Scent description: Smooth, sweet, warm balsamic
- Blends With: Frangipani, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Neroli, Osmanthus, Orange, Patchouli, Rose Otto, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang