Our organic Blue Yarrow has a diffusive aroma that is sweet, fresh, and green-herbaceous with a woody and somewhat camphoraceous note. This skillfully distilled essential oil is very effective in aromatherapy applications, while lending an intriguing note in natural perfumery when used in trace amounts.
It is said that the Yarrow herb, Achillea millefolium, is named after Achilles, a figure in Greek mythology who used the herb to treat the wounds of soldiers he led in the Trojan War. When Yarrow is distilled, one of the essential oil constituents, matricin (a sesquiterpene), decomposes into chamazulene with its deep vivid blue color as a result of the heat and pressure of distillation. Chamazulene is one of the primary components of our organic Blue Yarrow (present at 9.40%) and boasts healthy, beneficial properties for skincare treatments.
- Botanical Name: Achillea millefolium L.
- Aroma: Fresh, Herbaceous, Green
- Country of Origin: Bulgaria
- Plant Parts: Flowers
- Cultivation Method: Organic
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
- Blends Well With: Black Pepper, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Cypress, Helichrysum, Juniper, Lavender, Melissa, Scotch Pine, Rosemary, Vetiver