This rich, sweet rose otto is steam distilled from blossoms of Rosa damascena grown in the renowned Kazanlak Valley of the Roses in Bulgaria, producer of the most valuable rose otto available.
Our Bulgarian Rose Otto harvests occur in late spring and are still hand-picked according to the 300 year old tradition. Once the roses are harvested, they are transported in large sacks to the distiller, where the oil is distilled from the freshly picked blossoms. Roughly 10,000 pounds of rose petals are required to distill one pound of oil.
A deeply romantic oil, Rose Otto is the supreme heart opener. Instilling feelings of compassion and gratitude, rose otto invites in so much love. Bulgarian Rose Otto is also a sublime addition to skincare with anti-inflammatory properties that rejuvenate the skin!
Like all true Rose Otto, this oil will solidify at colder temperatures. Gently warm by holding in hand to bring back to liquid state.
- Botanical Name: Rosa damascena
- Aroma: Rich, Romantic, Sweet, Floral
- Country of Origin: Bulgaria
- Plant Parts: Blossoms
- Cultivation Method: Certified Organic
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
- Blends Well With: Frankincense, Myrrh, Ylang Ylang, Spikenard, Vanilla, Cape Chamomile, Silver Fir, Lavender